TT – The Tourists Have Landed
13 things I love about this time of year (Visit here for the flip side)
1. Tourist season
2. Watching people wander through Chinatown. I walk through Chinatown and almost everyday at lunch and I love observing people experiencing a completely new culture.
3. Watching people stare out at the pacific ocean, especially if they’ve never seen an ocean before.
4. Watching people from the east coast who’ve only ever seen the Atlantic Ocean remark at how different the pacific is from the Atlantic – it really is a completely different colour.
5. Watching people ride on the street car for the first time. It’s really like taking a time travel trip to the 1920’s.
6. Taking someone on the golden gate bridge for the first time. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve lived here – the golden gate is still the coolest!
7. Watching someone ogle the variety of produce at the Ferry Plaza.
8. Watching people visit the Saturday morning farmers market at the Ferry Building. Most just grab a cup of coffee sit on the benches, eat a fabulous serving of ricotta stuffed French toast covered in peaches.
9. Having lunch at a communal table with people from all over the world.
10. Listening to all the different languages being spoken.
11. Carousel at the Children’s Playground in Golden Gate Park.
12. Meeting with people after they’ve taken their kids to Zeum
13. People singing ‘I left my heart in San Francisco,” giggling like school kids while riding the Cable Car.