Last weeks unsolved with some more clues
4. “You’re born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you’re up in the rarefied atmosphere and you’ve forgotten what shit even looks like.” Layer Cake ~Auntie Kate!
13. “I’d commit any sin, mortal or otherwise, to get the hell out of here.” I don’t think any one will get this one… it’s a movie called The Magdalene Sisters. The Magdalene Sisters is a 2002 film written and directed by Peter Mullan about teenage girls who were sent to Magdalene Asylums, otherwise known as the ‘Magdalen Laundries’: homes for women who were labeled as “fallen” by their families or society (though the film itself questions this). The homes were maintained by individual religious orders in the Roman Catholic Church in Ireland. The film is a fictionalized account loosely based on true stories of the girls sent to the asylums. Peter Mullan has remarked that the film was initially made because victims of Magdalene Asylums had received no closure in the form of recognition, compensation, or apology, and many remained lifelong devout Catholics. Former Magdalen inmate Mary-Jo McDonagh told Mullan that the reality of the Magdalene Asylums was much worse than depicted in the film.
Here’s this weeks (N-Q)! Remember no googling please
1. Eureka! This year, Christmas will be – OURS! The Nightmare Before Christmas ~Ghost
2. I never discuss love on an empty stomach. North by Northwest ~Zippy
3. The rabbits we’re gonna get and I, I get to tend ’em. Of Mice and Men ~Zippy
4. That’s right, Mr. Martini. There is an Easter Bunny. One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest ~Zippy
5. Sure, I’ll leave it with the S.W.A.T. guy who answers the door. Clue: Stars George…
6. Me? I’ve had so many names. Old names that only the wind and the trees can pronounce. I am the mountain, the forest and the earth. Pan’s Labyrinth ~Stifler
7. You cannot alter your fate. There is no other way. It’s God’s will. Paradise Now ~Zippy
8. I’m a loner. A rebel. Peewee Herman’s Big Adventure ~Brandi
9. Has it got any sports in it? The Princess Bride ~Carrie
10. Are you telling me this is an ABBA turd? Priscilla, Queen of the Dessert ~Zippy
11. Actors are not animals! They’re human beings! The Producers ~Radcliff, Allie, Luna, & Ozzie
12. No women, no kids, that’s the rules. The Professional – Leon ~Zippy
13. I can’t say what made me fall in love with Vietnam – that a woman’s voice can drug you; that everything is so intense. The colors, the taste, even the rain. Clue: Stars a mummy hunter
Poetry Month Quiz
No one guested last week’s poem – so here’s your chance with a clue. It won 4 oscars.
The Lake Isle of Innisfree by Yeats from Million Dollar Baby ~Latte
I WILL arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made;
Nine bean rows will I have there, a hive for the honey bee,
And live alone in the bee-loud glade.
And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
There midnight’s all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
And evening full of the linnet’s wings.
I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements gray,
I hear it in the deep heart’s core.
Fiona Bun: Knock, Knock
Sophia: Who’s there?
Fiona Bun: Lettuce…
Sophia: Lettuce who?
Fiona Bun: Lettuce in and you’ll find out!
Sophia: I woke up for that??