Here are the few that we’re not guessed last week – with some hints.
A. “Pay strict attention to what I say because I choose my words carefully and I never repeat myself.” The Inside Man ~Erin
B. “He’s my horse. ‘Es called Tir Na Nog. It means ‘the land of eternal youth’” Into the West ~Zippy’s Mum
C. “Let me try and clarify some of this for you. Best Company Supermarkets are not interested in selling wholesome foods. They are not worried about the nation’s health. What is concerning them, is that the nation appears to be getting worried about its health, and that is what’s worrying Best Co., because Best Co. wants to go on selling them what it always has, i.e. white breads, baked beans, canned foods, and that suppurating, fat squirting little heart attack traditionally known as the British sausage.” How to Get Ahead in Advertising ~Zippy’s Mum
D. “The nicest thing about feeling happy is that you think you’ll never be unhappy again.” Kiss of the Spider Woman ~Zippy’s Mum
Here are this weeks movie quotes (L-M) – no googling.
1. “Are you sure Golden Boy is up to the task, Cap?” L.A. Confidential ~Zippy’s Mum
2. “A gentleman should always mean what he says.” Last Emporor ~Zippy’s Mum
3. “Well, we kinda face to the north and real subtle-like turn left.” Last of the Mohicans ~Angus Sigh… DDL in buckskin… Sigh
4. “You’re born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you’re up in the rarefied atmosphere and you’ve forgotten what shit even looks like.” Stars the new James Bond
5. “Sheriff Deeds is dead, honey. You just Sheriff Junior.” Lone Star ~Zippy’s mum
6. “The fate of the world will now be decided.” Lord of the Rings ~Monty
7. “Peace of mind! I have no peace of mind. I have had no peace of mind since we lost America. Forests, old as the world itself, plains, strange delicate flowers, immense solitudes. And all nature new to art. All ours. Mine. Gone. A paradise lost.” The Madness of King George ~Zippy’s Mum
8. “Are we friends, Ben? I wanna believe we were friends.” The Manchurian Candidate ~Zippy’s Mum
9. “Attention, all base members must report for a drug test for marij- marijua-… disregard last transmission.” M.A.S.H. ~Rich
10. “If might is right, then love has no place in the world. It may be so, it may be so. But I don’t have the strength to live in a world like that, Rodrigo.” The Mission ~Zippy’s Mum
11. “It really bothers me when I think of that poor dog Laika. Terrible, sending a dog up in a space ship without enough food. She had to do it for human progress. She didn’t ask to go.” My Life as a Dog ~Ghost
12. “I like the way I look. Makes me feel good, it does. And women like me, goddammit. Hell, the only one thing I ever been good for is lovin’. Women go crazy for me, that’s a really true fact!” Midnight Cowboy ~Radcliff, Allie, Luna, & Ozzie
13. “I’d commit any sin, mortal or otherwise, to get the hell out of here.” Peter Mullan has remarked that the film was initially made because victims of XXXXX Asylums had no closure. They had not received any recognition, compensation, or apology, and many remained lifelong devout Catholics.
Celebrate Poetry Month
Here is another poem used in a movie – guess the movie and I’ll send squiggles or crochet dishcloths.
I WILL arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made;
Nine bean rows will I have there, a hive for the honey bee,
And live alone in the bee-loud glade.
And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
There midnight’s all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
And evening full of the linnet’s wings.
I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements gray,
I hear it in the deep heart’s core.
Check out this wicked cool picture Anne made us!