Movie Meme… Take two!
We have a couple still unguessed from last week… so I’ve added some clues for those three.
8. “Do you no good to go poking around under rocks, Justin. Some very nasty things live under rocks, especially in foreign gardens” The Constant Gardener ~The Cat Stephens
10. “It was like a message from God: “Honesty doesn’t pay, sucker.” The City of God ~The Cat Stephens
11. “Welcome back Jack, to the house of addiction.” Coupier ~KC
OK – here is the next set D-G. Good luck and no googling ;0)
1. “The man I bought it from explained to me that, when a husband gives it to his wife, they become two halves of the same person. Nothing can separate them… not even death.” Dead Again ~Carrie Lofty
2. “I don’t think about that much with one shot anymore, Mike.” Deer Hunter ~Zippy
3. “She’s the queen of the night.” Diva ~Kelly Cat
4. “So Edward, did you have a productive day?” Edward Scissorshand ~Roxy
5. “Oh, he was a little guy. Kinda funny lookin’.” Fargo ~Slick, Shaggy & Scout
6. “There’s that guy from the stereo store. Don’t you think he looks like Richard Gere?” Fast Times at Ridgemont High ~Captain Jack and Dante
7. “Don’t call me stupid.” A Fish Called Wanda ~Boots, DeeDee * Dexter
8. “This is Doyle. I’m sittin’ on Frog One.” The French Connection ~The Meezers
9. “Third prize is you’re fired.” Glengarry Glen Ross ~The Kelly Cat
10. “I always wanted to meet an American. You are so, so different. Forgive me for staring.” Gorky Park ~Ghost
11. “Even a poisonous snake isn’t bad. You just have to keep away from the sharp end.” The Gods Must be Crazy ~Zippy
12. “I don’t know what you’re referring to, but maybe if certain older, wiser people hadn’t acted like such little babies, and gotten so mushy, then everything would be ok… and I think certain older people, like you, and your colleague, shouldn’t be leching after their students, especially when some of them can’t even get their own wives pregnant… and they certainly shouldn’t be making slanderous accusations, especially when certain young, naive peoples’ mothers are paralegal secretaries at the cities biggest law firm, and have won many successful law suits, and if you want to keep questioning me like this, I won’t continue without my attorney present.” Election ~Spirit & Ezra
13. “Oh, the reason I called… Could you find out who else is in town? I’ve made two spooks and a ghoul already, so if they’ve double-booked the job, and/or they’re going to kill me, I’d like to know. If you could find that out, that’d be great.” Gross Pointe Blank ~Captain Jack and Dante
Celebrate Poetry Month
I’ll send you a squiggle if you can let me know what movie this poem was used in ;0) no googling!
Congrats Chance! This poem was used in Apocalypse Now.
The Hollow Men – T. S. Eliot
We are the stuffed men
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
Our dried voices, when
We whisper together
Are quiet and meaningless
As wind in dry grass
Or rats’ feet over broken glass
In our dry cellar
Paralysed force, gesture without motion;
With direct eyes, to death’s other Kingdom
Remember us—if at all—not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.