Tuxie Tuesday & a Meme
1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.
There are too many to list, but some of ones on heavy DVD rotation are: The Princess Bride, Love Actually, Harry Potter 3 & 4, Pride and Prejudice (Sigh, Mr. Darcy), Persuasion, Big Trouble in Little China…
2. Name a movie that you’ve seen multiple times in the theater.
Let’s do the Time Warp Again!
3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.
4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.
Larry the Cable Guy
5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.
Princess Bride. “Good heavens. Are you still trying to win?,” “No one of consequence,” “Let me ‘splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.” and “The Pit of Despair!”
6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
West Side Story, Chicago, Sound of Music, Cabaret, Singing in the Rain… Too many to list
7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.
All of the above and, yes, I did sing along with Chicago in the theater.
8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.
Before Night Falls, Casablanca, Raise the Red Lantern, Cyrano de Bergerac, The Shawshank Redemption, The Usual Suspects, American Beauty, Léon, To Kill a Mockingbird, Rebecca, Blade Runner, Young Frankenstein – All Brilliant!
9. Name a movie that you own.
Hmm… On the DVD right now is Fight Club
10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
Liam Cunningham was an electrician but now he makes me cry like a little girl every time I watch The Little Princess.
11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
Tons of them – Almost every Disney movie made in the 70’s!
12. Ever made out in a movie?
Let’s do the Time Warp Again!
13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it.
14. Ever walked out of a movie?
15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
Too many to list – one of the most memorable was when I went to see Testament on Christmas day. When Jane Alexander bathes her son – I sobbed. I sobbed for hours after the movie was over. I’ve sobbed at the thought of that scene 24 years later. A deeply moving film.
Large with loads of artery clogging butter please!
17. How often do you go to the movies?
Every other month or so
18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
Beyond the Gates. Wow, all I can say is wow
19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
Don’t have one.
20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
The Aristocats. I named my first cat Marie!
21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
Rollerball, the remake. Jean… what were you thinking?
22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
City Of Lost Children.
23. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?
The Birds – scared the crap out of me as a child and Rosemary’s Baby creeped me out as well..
24. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?
Funniest ever? Impossible – some faves are The Producers (not the remake), Waiting for Guffman (I got off that boat with nothing but my dancers belt and a tube of CHAPSTICK!), The Gods must be crazy, M*A*S*H, A Fish Called Wanda (avoid the green ones, they’re not ripe yet), The Life of Brian (The Shoe… The Shoe of Brian)
Taggin’ whomever wants to play