… instead, a man feeding pigons in Union Square.
‘White shores . . . and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise.’ -Tolkin
- One book that changed your life: Jose Saramago – Blindness. There have been several book that have been life altering for me; however, in most recent years, this novel really made me re-look at my life and my existence within society.
- One book that you’ve read more than once: Octavio Paz – A Tree Within. Octavio Paz is an amazing poet.
- One book you’d want on a desert island: Matsuo Basho – Basho’s Haiku: Selected Poems of Matsuo Basho. It would be nature and verse together!
- One book that made you laugh: Sandra Boynton – But Not the Hippopotamus. It doesn’t matter how many times I’ve read this book to nieces, nephews and cousins – it always makes me giggle
- One book that made you cry: Emily Brontë – Wuthering Heights
- One book that you wish you had written: Roald Dahl – Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It doesn’t get any better than oompa-loompas
- One book that you wish had never been written: Can’t say that I’d wish any book to not be written.
- One book you’re currently reading: Donna Hay – Flavors. So many good recipes to try, so little time to try them
- One book you’ve been meaning to read: Khaled Hosseini – the Kite Runner. Still in the pile by the side of the bed.
- Tag Five People: We tag – Grr, Midnight & Cocoa’s Mom, Edsel’s Mom, Indigo’s Mom, Bunny Daddy & Bunny Mommy, and Zeus’ Mom – and we won’t tag (‘cause she doesn’t like that…) but we’ll invite Jessica to do it as well
On it’s way to someone
We’re very excited that Querida Luna is home!
around the pond I wander
and the night is gone.
And our hearts are with Jessica and Family as Indy is no longer fighting his inner demons.
The hills step off into whiteness.
People or stars
Regard me sadly, I disappoint them.
The train leaves a line of breath.
Horse the colour of rust,
Hooves, dolorous bells –
All morning the
Morning has been blackening,
A flower left out.
My bones hold a stillness, the far
Fields melt my heart.
To let me through to a heaven
Starless and fatherless, a dark water.
Thank goodness I was working on this – It saved me from freezing