… instead, a man feeding pigons in Union Square.
‘White shores . . . and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise.’ -Tolkin
- One book that changed your life: Jose Saramago – Blindness. There have been several book that have been life altering for me; however, in most recent years, this novel really made me re-look at my life and my existence within society.
- One book that you’ve read more than once: Octavio Paz – A Tree Within. Octavio Paz is an amazing poet.
- One book you’d want on a desert island: Matsuo Basho – Basho’s Haiku: Selected Poems of Matsuo Basho. It would be nature and verse together!
- One book that made you laugh: Sandra Boynton – But Not the Hippopotamus. It doesn’t matter how many times I’ve read this book to nieces, nephews and cousins – it always makes me giggle
- One book that made you cry: Emily Brontë – Wuthering Heights
- One book that you wish you had written: Roald Dahl – Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It doesn’t get any better than oompa-loompas
- One book that you wish had never been written: Can’t say that I’d wish any book to not be written.
- One book you’re currently reading: Donna Hay – Flavors. So many good recipes to try, so little time to try them
- One book you’ve been meaning to read: Khaled Hosseini – the Kite Runner. Still in the pile by the side of the bed.
- Tag Five People: We tag – Grr, Midnight & Cocoa’s Mom, Edsel’s Mom, Indigo’s Mom, Bunny Daddy & Bunny Mommy, and Zeus’ Mom – and we won’t tag (‘cause she doesn’t like that…) but we’ll invite Jessica to do it as well
On it’s way to someone
We’re very excited that Querida Luna is home!
around the pond I wander
and the night is gone.
And our hearts are with Jessica and Family as Indy is no longer fighting his inner demons.
The hills step off into whiteness.
People or stars
Regard me sadly, I disappoint them.
The train leaves a line of breath.
Horse the colour of rust,
Hooves, dolorous bells –
All morning the
Morning has been blackening,
A flower left out.
My bones hold a stillness, the far
Fields melt my heart.
To let me through to a heaven
Starless and fatherless, a dark water.
Thank goodness I was working on this – It saved me from freezing
DKM had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory in SF and she didn’t share!
DKM loves the Cheesecake Factory!
Here is why I’m not amused… If you’re going to use my can opener – there better be some food involved in it for me. I’m not buying this it’s DKM’s food crap.
First off – to Arthur Dentrat. May your bathrobe always be clean, may your towel always be nearby and may your tea always be hot. We hope you have great travels as you head into the next galaxy. Ford and Family, you are in our thoughts.
We had a lot happen over the past couple of weeks, some good, some bad. Popi (our human grandfather) fell off of his bike and cracked three ribs & DKM got really sick. Then I (Fiona) got really sick from Bloat – DKM thought she was going to lose me. I lost 1/2 a pound, which isn’t a lot for a human but quite a bit for a bunny. DKM spent 2 weeks getting me back to good health. Then DKM got a new job and had to move offices, then DKM got really sick again.
But, hay, we’re hanging in there. It looks like most everyfluffie has received their secret paw except for three kitties. We had out first ever secret paw flake. DKM is working on getting those kitties their goodies this week.
We’re also trying to catch up on all of our blog reading and putting up links to all of the new blogs.
Cucks; Zucchini pancakes; Veggie stew; Snap peas
1 leek, chopped
2 clove garlic, minced
2 zucchinis, grated
1 c. Fontina cheese, grated
4 eggs, beaten
Fennel fern to taste (the foofy top of a fennel bulb)
Salt and pepper to taste
Sautee leek and garlic until soft, then toss in zucchini for 1-2 minutes (don’t completely cook the zucchini – it will make the pancake too soft to flip).
Set mixture to side to cool. Whisk eggs with seasoning and a dash of water, (no more than a Tbsp.) fold in the zucchini mixture and the cheese.
Spoon into hot oil, flip and enjoy! They are especially good with a dollop of crème fraîche or sour cream.
Open it up DKM!
It’s from TOBY! I love my card.
I got a new crochet bunny – I’m going to call him little Toby after my Secret Paw
Open the cheese crunchies first DKM
Thanks Toby! I love everything. I even made my film debut with my Secret Paws treats!